Dyson Cote, W. R. (8) a small
hamlet in the township of Hunshelf, pa-
rish of Penistone, wapentake of Stain-
cross, 2 miles S. E. from Penistone.
Dyson Holme, W. R. (8) a small
hamlet in the township of Bradfield,
parish of Ecclesfield, wapentake of
Strafforth and Tickhill, 6 miles N. W.
Eadsjfgrd Bridge, W. R. (4) a
hamlet in the township and parish of
Mitton, wapentake of Staincliffe, 9
miles S. W. from Gisburn.
Earby, W. R. (4) a hamlet in the
township and parish of Thornton, wa-
pentake of Staincliffe, 7 miles S. W.
Earby Lodge, N. R. (1). See
Earswick, N. R. (5), a township
in the parishes of Strensall and Hunt-
ington, wapentake of Bulmer, 4 miles
N. from York ; inhabitants, 113.
Easby, N. R. (1) a parish and town-
ship, in the wapentake of Gilling West,
1 mile S. E. from Richmond; inhabi-
tants, 105; a vicarage, value 21.13*. 4t/.;
patron, the King; a pleasant village on
the banks of the Swale. Near the church
are the venerable and picturesque re-
mains of the abbey of St. Agatha, found*
ed about the year 1152, by Roaldus, con-
stable of Richmond Castle, for white
friars; nnd here is likewise a hospital,
for four poor persons. The Abbey House
is the seat of Robert Jaques, Esq. The
parish contains the townships of Aske,
Brompton upon Swale, and Skeeby.
Entire population, 765.
Easby, N.R. (2) a township in the
parish of Stokesley, wapentake of Lang-
barugh, 3§ miles E. from Stokesley; in-
habitants, 124. Easby Hall is the seat
of Robert Champion, Esq.
Easdyke, (5) a small hamlet in the*
township and parish of Wighill, in the
Ainsty, 1£ mile N.W. from Tadcaster.
Easington, E.R,(9) a parish and
township, in the wapentake of Holder-
ness, 6 miles S.E. fromPatrington; in-
habitants, 488; a vicarage, value 10/.;
patron, the Archbishop of York; this
parish extends along the German Ocean;
it contains the township of Out Newton.
Entire population, 557.
Easington, N.R. (2) a parish and
township, in the wapentake of Lang-
barugh, 10 miles N. E. from Guisbo-
rough ; inhabitants, 507 ; a rectory,
value 14/. 8s. 6d.; patron, the King ;
this parish is somewhat extensive, situ-
ated near the north-east extremity of
the county, with the sea on the north.
Here is Grinkle Park, the seat of Robt.
Wharton Middleton, Esq. The parish
contains the township of Liverton. En-
tire population, 758.
Easington, or Essington, W. R.
(4) a township in the parish of Slaid-
burn, wapentake of Staincliffe, 9 miles
S.W. from Settle; inhabitants, 501.
Easingwold, N. R. (5) a parish,
township, and market town, in the wa-
pentake of Bulmer, 11 miles E. from
Boroughbridge, 15 miles N. from York,
213 from London; inhabitants 1912;
a vicarage, value 12/. 11*. Oid.; pa-
tron, the Bishop of Chester ; market,
Friday; fairs, July 6, and September
26. This is a small market town, the
church of which commands an exten-
sive prospect over the forest of Galtres;
but the environs of the town are flat,
unpicturesque, and not very fertile.
The parish contains the township of
Raskelf. Entire population, 2352.
Eastbrook House, W. R. (4).
Eastburn, W. R. (4) a township
with Steeton, in the parish of Kild-
wick, wapentake of Staincliffe, 4 miles
N.W.from Keighley; inhabitants, 753*
Eastburn, E.R. (6) a small town-
ship in the parish of Kirkburn, division
of Bainton Beacon, 3 miles S.W. from
Great Driffield; inhabitants, 12.
Eastby, W. R. (4) a township with
Erabsay, in the parish of Skipton, wa-